Nijman/Zeetank International Transport Ltd are leaders in logistics specialising in moving glass, chemicals and fuel around the UK, Europe and beyond and we are on the lookout for a talented, ambitious and highly motivated HGV technician/mechanic for our UK depot in St Helens. The successful candidate would ensure our fleet is in excellent condition at all times.
Working as part of a small team, you will be maintaining and repairing our fleet of specialised trailers, following strict maintenance guidelines and preparing trailers for annual test. You will also be expected to undertake mechanical and accident repairs to tractor units as and when required.
We are looking for an individual who can help us continue our good work now and into the future, and therefore we are looking to cement a long-term commitment between Nijman/Zeetank and the successful candidate. Most of our trailers are equipped specifically for the carriage of glass however we also carry goods for other industry sectors therefore a good all-round knowledge is essential.
- Ensuring that all Nijman/Zeetank trailers, and other vehicles in their care, undergo maintenance and brake testing as per the 6/8-week inspection period in accordance with Dept. of Transport standards.
- Brake testing trailers as part of their PMI inspection.
- Preparing trailers for MOT tests.
- Ensuring that all documentation is filled in correctly and in a timely fashion.
- Rectifying defects which may arise in the general running of the fleet of trailers and tractors as and when needed.
- To ensure that Health and Safety is maintained to the highest standards in line not only with HSE standards but also those of the Company.
- To ensure that high standards of housekeeping are carried out both within the maintenance areas and also the steam cleaning bay.
- Presenting vehicles for annual test to an external test centre.
We are in the process of digitising all of our maintenance records therefore previous experience in this area would be ideal however full training will of course be given.
Skills: Excellent working knowledge of LGV trailer maintenance
- Knowledge of LGV electrical & mechanical systems
- Ability to work with minimum supervision to a high standard
- LGV (C+E) licence (preferable but not essential)
- Superb team working skills
This role is predominantly Monday to Friday however there may be a need for work on Saturday mornings during peak periods plus occasional on-call rota. Whilst a C+E licence is not essential; we would expect the successful candidate to attain their licence during their first 12 months with us (we’ll cover the cost via a learning agreement).
Other than working with some of the best in the industry, we offer a competitive basic salary of up to £40k DOE plus overtime opportunities, excellent facilities and company pension. We provide a full company uniform and of course all the PPE you need.
We are a well-established international haulier and as such you can be safe in the knowledge that we really are here for the long-haul and if you think you have what it takes, please register your interest now!
If you would like an informal chat about this position, please call Steve on 07951 324 599. Please be aware that only direct applications will be accepted, discussions with agencies will not be entered into.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £37,700.00-£44,300.00 per year